Tuesday, May 12, 2009

30000km Servicing

Took leave to service my car today, nowadays pai mai, service car oso need to take leave, unlike last time still got windows of rest within the week... Well, fortune changes... "Change... is the only constant."

Before i go for servicing, i went for a run at WCP in the morning, i clocked 21mins today, my best so far, but with a price... now my back hurts, i think partially due to the weights session yesterday, might had strained without noticing. Now like old man, haha... Age is really catching up.

Went MR for servicing, during the servicing, found out my modified drain plug (Modified with integrated defi oil temp sensor) showed signs of crack... so lan lan gotta change to an adaptor, waiting for the adaptor to arrive alone took almost 2 hours, sibeh hungary liao... As i waited, MR is now flooded with GTRs, when i got my CTR, everytime i go, i see CTRs... today, only 3 CTRs but 6 GTRs.... wah lau... no need money ah. *Envy envy*
By the time the adaptor arrived (Delivered by james in his GTR), and the rest of the servicing completed, it was almost 3pm liao... Wah spent 4 hrs+ there...
The bill costed me almost $400!!
Servicing with Motul 300V - $185
Labour for MTF change (I brought mine coz i got leftover) - $30 (Wah thats very ex for a drain and fill)
Works Engineering Oil Temp/Press Adaptor - $150 (Wah this sandwich market price so high one meh)
And after GST its $390.55 *Faint* 30000km servicing cost so much??

The mechanics at MR i gotta praise is really meticulous, you see them work you can tell your car is in gd hands. But for my previous cars, i dun really go performance workshops... In this case coz the motul oil alone if i buy it off the shelves is damn costly, making it bo hua to buy and go to my usual workshop for servicing. But the difference is that for my usual workshop, topping up of steering fluid, coolant etc etc all normally foc but at performance workshops, everything counts... got gst summore...

Check the price for toda extractors as well, still high at $2150 although yen fell a little... cannot lah buay tahan liao, everytime go there for servicing sure end up afew hundred dollars... I NEED MOTUL OIL LOBANG!!! WHO HAS?? Let me know.

No comments: