Saturday, January 3, 2009

Improved timing

Its been sometime since i ran at west coast park due to the pain in my knees after the 2 runs if you guys remember...
I was thinking, after running so long, how come my timing still remain around the same with no significant improvement... So i tried opening up during the last leg of the run which is approx 900m... quite shag, but still muz try...
At least... some results...

WCP distance: 4.7km
Average timing: 24++min

recent 2 runs: 23min11, and the latest 22min46.

We were talking bout marathon timings juz the other day... as it was my first, i dun know what to expect. Initially i thought 5Hr++ is the norm... but when i ask ard my frens who ran, they were all doing 6HR+... then i found out siswi does it in a whopping 4Hr28min... wah... suddenly its like... so fast!!
With my current training pace, siswi says i shd haf no problems running sub 4s too... i really dun know if i can do it... it suddenly seems quite hard... OMP commented that i'm too competitive, saying i could definately do it BUT after that maybe it might be my only marathon... next time maybe cannot run again...
Well, i'm really pushing myself quite hard, my knees had been quite taxed recently... i think i shd start to moderate if not what OMP says might really come true... Will start moderating after tomolo's 20km with muzhong again.... keke

No comments: