Friday, February 13, 2009

Spoon Drop In

I've been thinking bout intakes since some time ago, juz couldn't make up my mind which one to choose.
Gruppe M
Mugen
J's Racing
BMC
Blitz
Choon's Customized and so on...
The all cost a bomb and each have their flaws so i really dun wan to juz buy and regret... need more reviews from my friends before i can decide...

Since i cannot make up my mind yet, 没鱼虾也好, i went to buy the SPOON drop in air filter. There! I've done it again!! spending money buying aftermarket paper filter. This is the 2nd time i actually bought an aftermarket paper filter. First is TRD which i bought for my IS200 and now SPOON, hahaha... Is it really vanity? I guess my friends would strongly agree with that.

Anyway since buy liao if regret oso lan lan liao. I choose SPOON becoz its the only jap tuner i know that has drop ins for FD2R, K&N has it too but i juz dun like K&N... so i rather choose the paper filter over it.
I actually called up to ask some dumb questions before buying,
Me: Hey, wat's the material of your spoon filter?
Spoon guy: Its paper kind, but washable, very gd performance.
Me: How does it compare to K&N? Better? (ask for the sake of asking, coz one shd already know the ans when you ask that to a spoon dealer)
Spoon guy: Ya, sold alot already.

Haha... after that i went down to get mine... after installing, my car feel a tinge more erm... responsive? I wouldn't really say that... i think the smoothness increase... making the car erm... more driveable... Well i did feel something but isit really the filter or its the feeling that you juz spent on something and subconsciously you felt it work... I would like to think its the filter... keke, so case close... SPOON filter works.






Paper for paper... @#$% see SPOON's in yellow, so nice rite... my wife said so too...

No comments: