Sunday, October 12, 2008

My wife's "Manual car refresher Lesson #1"

YX was toking bout wana start driving my car ard and she shd try driving it finally... Well, ok... so i brought her out for a practice...

So off to Jalan Buroh --> safest place, sunday extremely light traffic.
I was sure she couldn't even drive my car out from my carpark so i did the driving to Jalan Buroh. I wasn't convince she could drive so we skipped practice on main rds... we turned into 1 of those industrial area where its like a maze and you could practice on alot of turning, stopping, moving off juz to get a feel of the car.

Stats:
Last driven: more than 10 mths ago.
Last driven a manual car: 5 years 6 mths

I reccee-d the place, stop by the rd, swap over... tested her on pedal positions, briefed her on how to engage the gears... did a stationary gear changing practice.
And.... off we go...







YX looking stress driving, did not even protest when i took pics of her... hehe...

Back to driving... her driving was atrocious...

- Poor moving off (no prob, thats the purpose of practicing)
- Poor usage of gears
- Very slow reaction
- Stop wayyyy behind stop lines (till i oso cannot see if rd's clear)
- turn using wrong gear
- cannot brake in time
- unclear of right of way

I had to incoporate practicing of e-braking too.



Speed was acceptable going at 45km/h...

After Lesson #1, conclusion.

FAILED. No main rds till she can master the basics... and this shall be a weekly lesson from now on...


No comments: