Monday, November 3, 2008

Outside sports @ ECP

Went to east coast today for sports with my ship crew...
Event: Cycling.

Its been a gd 9 years since i really cycled, never cycle since i got my class 2B... well, our crew suggested cycling and there we are... cycling @ ECP. Rent a mountain bike for 3 hrs... initial plan was to cycle from Mac to NSRCC. I told boss it was too short a route to be a meaningful session but they weren't convinced.

BTW boss and leonard brought their own bikes along --> pros... We all started cycling towards NSRCC, there were like 20+ bikes... when we reached checkpoint, oni a pathetic 7 remains. I was WTF!! How shag can cycling be?! So the unfulfiling 7 decides that we shd press on to continue riding to changi village. So we proceed, as we ride, hunger, thirst and bum burn slowly overcame us and the rain came rite on time to gif us a good reason to turn back, by then we were already at changi beach park.

We turn ard, headed back and aim to get to the hawker center for a drink, cannot imagine how painful can cycling do to the bum... OSIM shd invent seats for bikes. When we struggle to the hawker center, legs were already wobbly, and we walked as if everyone contracted piles. We rested awhile while poor leonard grabbed some food b4 he die from hunger. When we finally make a move from the hawker, the bum hurts even more, so i derive a theory --> When you torture your bum, go all the way, it doesn't pay to be kind to it...

Finally returned the bike after a gd 3hrs+... total distance covered: approx +- 30km. I simple love the feeling of being totally shag. Its satisfactory...
Boss and leonard along the whole journey was trying to poison me into buying my own bike taking up the role of the devil while siswi and OMP were dissuading me from buying (the angels).

I gotta admit after the cycling i was quite interested in getting one but do i really wan it? or isit juz at the spur of the moment. Do i haf kakis to continue cycling? and storage is a major problem... too many factors... and spending afew grand for a bike... hmm.... modding my car seems more practical... but its different.

well i searched the web for bikes and saw afew which caught my eye... for ppl who knows me... its always looks over functionality as a priority.... but i guess the ones i chose weren't too bad either...

The Scott Aspect 10


Scott Ransom


Gary Fisher Piranha


Cannondale Rush Carbon 3


Cannondale Moto Carbon 2


The cannondale ones sure look pricey... gotta really think it over, cycling is sumthing very new to me, i mean i know how to cycle, but cycling as a serious sport?? I'm not sure yet...

No comments: